Aloof as you are watching your weight, doesn’t beggarly the entire family can’t adore your health enhancing meals! The kids will adulation “Apricot Chicken” and you will adulation it as it is so low in calories and fat! About the Author
Continued chat weight loss isn’t about hunger, misery and crash dieting. It’s a entire advanced road of learning to prepare nutritious aliment that your body needs and enjoys. “Apricot Chicken” is one of a scope of hunger fighting, low fat recipes to abetment you accumulate your weight under ascendancy. This irresistible, no-annoy meal will advice you grasp your weight-loss goals – while manufacture mealtime a absolute treat.
Array is an chief element of any acknowledged health program. If you amuse bored with foods, you’re much added likely to abandon your program altogether. Each main meal should be accompanied by an agitative scope of colorful vegetables.
Apricot Chicken (serves 4)
2 cups (460g) solid pack canned apricots (or canned puree apricots)
4 skinless chicken breasts
1 ample onion, chopped coarsely
ground atramentous pepper, to taste
2 astute leaves, finely chopped or ½ teaspoon dried astute
1 sprig thyme, chopped
1 tablespoon fruit chutney
1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
2 tablespoons baptize
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives or mint for decoration
1. Reserve four apricot halves for decoration. Puree remaining apricots in a aliment processor or blender or press buttoned up a sieve.
2. Arrange chicken fillets in a single layer in a casserole. Sprinkle over onion, pepper and herbs.
3. Combine chutney and apricot puree and pour over the chicken.
Bake in a preheated 180C (350F) oven for 30 minutes.
4. Blend the cornflour and baptize to a smooth adhesive.
5. Remove casserole from oven. Statement a slotted spoon to lift out chicken breasts; cover and accumulate balmy.
6. Extract the relish anatomy the casserole into a saucepan. Add the cornflour adhesive to the relish and heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens. Cook a further two minutes.
7. Arrange a chicken breast on each plate and spoon relish over each one. Decoration with apricot halves and chopped chives and serve.
Nutrition per serve
192 calories, carbohydrate 11g, protein 26g, fat 5g
About the Author
Originall posted September 27, 2012