When the Executive Summary precedes the bag aim, its length should be short, typically alone one to two pages and certainly no longer than three pages. This is as the Executive Summary is not meant to acquaint the entire adventure of the bag befalling. Rather, the summary must simply stimulate and actuate the investor to apprentice added about the company in the body of the aim.
The second type of Executive Summary is a stand-alone document. That is, it is accustomed, by itself, to investors for their initial analysis. If absorbed, the investor will then appeal the full bag aim. A stand-alone Executive Summary is generally used to limit the flow of advice. That is, if an investor is not absorbed in the general befalling that your summary presents, you dont appetite to acknowledge to them intimate details of your aim.
Regardless of which type of Executive Summary you are developing, the summary must included the following critical elements:
1. A concise explanation of the bag
2. A description of the marketplace size and marketplace charge for the bag
3. A discussion of how the company is uniquely able to fulfill this charge
In addition, a stand-alone Executive Summary should accommodate summaries of each chief elements of the bag aim. This includes paragraphs addressing each of the following:
– Customer Analysis: What specific customer segments the company is targeting and their demographic profiles
– Competition: Who the companys direct competitors are and the companys answer competitive advantages
– Marketing Aim: How the company will effectively penetrate its target marketplace
– Financial Aim: A summary of the financial projections of the company
– Management Accumulation: Biographies of answer management accumulation and Board members
The Executive Summary is the most critical element of the bag aim. If it does not grab the investors attention, the investor will neither peruse nor appeal the full bag aim. As such, spend age developing the ace possible summary, actualize two versions (e.g., stand-alone and full aim predecessor) as adapted, and assignment to amuse it in the hands of the adapted investors.
About the author:
has developed over 200 bag plans for clients that accept collectively raised over $750 million in financing, launched abundant advanced product and service lines and gained competitive advantage and marketplace share. GT Bag Plans is the sister site of
Originall posted April 23, 2012