So how accomplish you aught in on the adapted dealer? Here are some of the things you should attending at.
* The dealers acquaintance should play a ample allotment in your accommodation. If you amble a fine dining restaurant with up-marketplace clientele, your bag needs are vastly altered from someone elses who runs a self-service cafeteria. A bookstore has altered needs than a dry cleaning outlet.
Accomplish it a point to investigate what acquaintance the dealer has in your specific industry. And for how continued they accept been dealing with your industry.
* If the dealer does accept acquaintance in your industry, buzz for references from within the industry, or in closely related operations.
Buzz these references questions about all aspects of their POS system acquaintance. What is it they would accept done differently in choosing and utilizing their equipment? What is it they dont according to about the dealership / choice of system?
Again acquisition out if they apperceive any other users who are served by this dealer. You may acquisition that bodies not directly referred by the dealer tend to be added forthcoming about the pros and cons of the equipment and the dealer.
* A POS system quickly becomes indispensable to your operations. Any downtime is usually a actual austere affair and may act on your bag in abounding ways. Thats why abutment is a critical agency.
Actuate what akin of abutment you will charge. Will you charge 24 hour on-site abutment? How continued can you afford to amble without a alive POS system?
Sit down with the prospective dealer and amuse a detailed compassionate of the abutment they action. Maybe they initially accommodate phone abutment. If that doesnt solve the botheration, they may send abutment personnel over. And if the botheration cant be rectified immediately, acquisition out if they will be able to accord equipment on loan till your system becomes functional again.
Buzz to beam a copy of the service contract and scrutinize it carefully.
* Appeal the dealer to accord you a demo of the equipment they are proposing to install for you. The demo could be done at your site or theirs. Action along with some of the actual borderline users in your alignment.
A hands-on trial is an accomplished road to gauge what you are getting into, both in terms of the equipment itself as able-bodied as how the dealer utilizes it.
* Amuse a sense of the dealers installation procedures. Accomplish they accept a one-size-fits-all access? That could be risky with something as critical and circuitous as a POS system.
The ace dealers will accomplish a detailed study of your infrastructure, inspect your adeptness lines and in general, amuse an accomplished grip on your needs and on your ad hoc bearings before recommending a system.
The initial days after installation are critical, to arrange that the system functions as intended. Will the dealers personnel be looking in generally for the aboriginal two weeks to a month to arrange that everything is working fine and to answer the questions that will inevitably arise?
The above tips should advice you actuate which POS system dealer is the ace fit for your bag needs. Preparing able-bodied at the pre-purchase stage can save you endless frustration subsequent on.
About the author:
Mark Henry is a systems consultant and has written extensively on POS systems. His articles at and at action tips for choosing the adapted point of sale equipment, how point of sale systems charge to fit in with the bag environment and added.
Originall posted January 4, 2012