about using things you already accept or things that others may
appetite to discard to accomplish a custom headboard that is not alone
stylish and artistic, but inexpensive as able-bodied!
Here are some ideas to advice stir those artistic juices (be
careful not to spill ’em!)!
1. Statement an aged door. If you appetite a classic wood attending, sand and
stain the door to match existing furniture. Or colouring the
door and distress for a vintage attending. If the door is paneled,
the inserts can be painted a contrasting color, stenciled
with elegant designs, or decoupaged with cloth or handmade
2. Statement a section of wooden picket or wrought iron fencing.
The sections can be painted and fastened with bolts or hooks.
3. Statement trellis. Decorate with ivy, silk flowers and ribbons for
a Country French attending or simply colouring.
4. Statement aged window frames. Allowance painted window frames as is for
a distressed attending. Or colouring a garden scene (or statement a wallpaper
mural) behind the frames to accord the illusion of looking
5. Statement folding screens. An elegant folding screen with cloth
or painted panels can be easily attached to the wall or
left standing for a child’s play headboard solution.
6. Statement vintage napkins or placemats. The linen can be hung on
curtain rod which is attached decorative rod holders aloof
above the bed.
7. Statement scrap plywood or MDF covered by cedar siding or paneling.
The headboard can accept a rustic, lodge attending if covered by
cedar shakes or a added traditional attending if covered by
8. Statement shutters. Stain or colouring the shutters to actualize a country
or cottage attending in your romantic bedroom.
9. Statement framed photos. Actualize an arrangement of photos grouped
by size, frame color or topic to accord the illusion of a
10. Statement a quilt or tapestry. Mount the cloth over a shower
curtain or café curtain rod using curtain hooks with a clip
bottom. This looks abundant in a country or European-style
If you statement your imagination, tiles, strips of cloth, bookcases,
the back of an aged sofa, a ample poster or wooden shelves can
all be used to fashion a headboard. Attending around your at ease! Attending
in the dumpster! There are hundreds of items which can be used!
Any more…what can we accomplish with these margarine tubs? Any ideas?
About the author:
Pamela Cole Harris is a writer with over 35 age acquaintance
(Gosh! Has it been that continued?). Her expertise on decorating on a
budget comes from her own acquaintance (Is Early Graduate Student a
style?). Appointment her website, http://www.homeandgardenmakeover.com,
for her altered appearance of at ease decorating and remodeling (and a chargeless
monthly newsletter!). Or for chargeless syndicated content for your
Originall posted October 30, 2012