(ARA) – Breast cancer is the leading statement of afterlife for women ages 40 to 59. This year alone, added than 200,000 women will be diagnosed with the disease. Another 40,000 will die from it. Even though early detection is critical to survival and every woman is at risk for developing the disease, advanced research shows the all-inclusive majority of women accomplish not altercate this affair with each other.
According to a recent survey commissioned by WHEATABLES Crackers and the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, there is a startling absence of dialogue among women about breast cancer risk and the accent of early detection. Sixty-five percent of women report they never or infrequently altercate breast cancer risk even though almost half report having a close personal acquaintance (self, family or close acquaintance diagnosed) with the disease. Seventy-three percent of mothers surveyed reported they never or hardly ever altercate breast cancer, breast self-exams or mammograms with their daughters or granddaughters and 67 percent of the women surveyed said the selfsame about their mothers or stepmothers.
These findings are astounding particularly as one in eight women are expected to advance breast cancer during their lifetime. Communication and conversation are critical to compassionate the accent of early detection and adopting absolute breast health practices, said Susan Braun, president and CEO of the Komen Foundation.
In response, WHEATABLES Crackers and the Komen Foundation accept launched a public education initiative to animate women to speak about breast cancer. Called Speak About Breast Cancer – Its a Conversation Worth Having, the initiative is designed to advice women — and those who adulation them — amuse the conversation going.
Adapted WHEATABLES Crackers packaging carries pink Ribbons for Action and conversation starter tips, including:
* Accomplish a monthly calendar note to call your brobdingnagian, aunt, sister or daughter with a reminder to conduct a breast self-exam. * Enclose a note and a pink ribbon in birthday cards to female friends 40 age of age or older, reminding them to accept a mammogram.
* Buzz your doctor about breast health activities at every appointment. Dont wait for the doctor to buzz you.
* Send a affliction parcel with how-to tips to adolescent women at college or away from at ease; once a woman turns 20, she should activate conducting monthly breast self-exams and accept a doctor or tend examine her breasts every three age.
* Advance a buddy system with friends. Buzz them to remind you regularly about breast health activities and accomplish the selfsame for them.
* Share a cup of coffee, tea or cocoa and breast cancer facts with a acquaintance: Breast cancer is the figure one killer of women between the ages of 40 and 59; the majority of women who advance breast cancer had no family history of the disease; if breast cancer is detected early, a womans chances of survival advance significantly.
Regular discussions that animate breast health activities according to monthly breast self-exams, annual clinical breast exams and mammograms can accomplish a actual absolute aberration, said Jenny Enochson, spokesperson for WHEATABLES Crackers. Thats why were so committed to getting the conversation going.
WHEATABLES Crackers will donate $5.00 to the Komen Foundation for every five ribbons clipped from its adapted packaging and sent in by customers. For added advice about the campaign, log onto www.ribbonsforlife.com.
Courtesy of ARA Content
About the author:
Courtesy of ARA Content
Originall posted August 6, 2012